The International University of Applied Sciences with its IUBH Campus Studies, IUBH Distance Learning and IUBH Dual Studies divisions - has become one of the most successful private universities in Germany since its founding in 1998. German and English language bachelors, masters and MBA degree programmes are offered with over 30 specializations for diverse business sectors and areas of responsibility. The spectrum of degree programmes ranges from marketing and business administration to healthcare management, business informatics and business law. All degree programmes are state accredited, certified and have received numerous awards, for example from CHE University Ranking, fernstudiumcheck.de and Premium Seals from FIBAA.
In order to expand our Master's program in IT Management, we are filling a full-time or part-time position at our Berlin location for the winter semester 2019.
Professorship (m/f/d) IT Management
- Professorship represents the IT Management department in teaching and research in the Master's program of the IUBH Campus Studies
- Main focus of the teaching duties lies within the imparting of knowledge in leadership and management of information technology services and departments
- Courses are held in English.
- Willingness to participate in the expansion of the program
- Assumption of organizational tasks
- Committee work
- Cooperation with companies
- As well as the intensive individual support of international students is a prerequisite
Formal recruitment requirements:
- University degree in computer science or natural sciences.
- Relevant doctorate and teaching experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience after the first academic degree, of which at least 3 years outside higher education.
- International industry experience in leadership and management of IT departments.
- Expertise in IT-Governance und IT-Compliance.
- Experience in the development of information technology services, proven by customer projects or publications.
- At least five years of experience in hardware or software development projects.
- Additional methodical qualifications in training, education or apprenticeship.
- A very good knowledge of English is mandatory for the exercise of the professorship.
The prerequisites for recruitment are regulated by the Higher Education Act of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. The IUBH, headquartered in Bad Honnef, is a steadily growing, state-recognised private university with more than 140 professors and over 16,000 students at 16 locations. The dual Bachelor's programme is state-recognised and combines practical and university phases during 7 semesters alternating weekly.
If you meet the recruitment requirements and are interested in practical and technically sound teaching in a committed team, then apply online by 10th May 2019 via our career website.
Further information about us can be found at iubh-karriere.de